9 key takeouts from Fuel 2017by Lenny Benaicha - May 15, 2017
Last week I attended “Fuel” in Brussels, an event inviting marketers, managers and innovators for a trip through the most significant innovations in media and telecommunications. What follows are my key takeouts.
- We have to think about the future as a verb instead of a destination
- Big data doesn’t necessarily mean good data
- Not only lawyers and accountants are threatened by artificial intelligence, but also creators.
- Blockchain technology will allow us to move towards a data democracy,rather than a data monarchy
- WeChat is designed to kill all industries
- 4.1 billion people are still not connected to the internet despite the UN dubbing it as a basic human right
- This year, internet ad spending exceeds TV ad spending
- We now have satellites monitoring shopping malls parking lots to predict sales
- We’re looking at the convergence of technology in action
Safe to say, Fuel was a succes. Every detail, ranging from the line-up of speakers, to the venue and the organisation itself, were very well thought of. I indeed feel inspired with fuel for thought.